With our upcoming conference, the team at Choice Marketing Concepts will be able to network and meet several new people in our industry. We thought we would share some great tips to networking to prepare for the event.
- Meet the right people. It’s not about meeting the most people, but the right people. The “right” people are those that can help advance your career. Those that will help you get to a better place in your career.
- Good networking equals increased income. Networking is a key driver of higher income and career advancement.
- K.I.T. (Keep in touch) You have to remember who you’ve met and stay in contact with them. This is good for Alumni groups, business partners, etc. Once you’re ready or have to move on to another position, you’ll have those people for support and to possibly find help very easily.
- Pay it Forward. Not only is it good business to keep your network close but to help them out too. Help your fellow network out by connecting them with co-workers that can also help them advance, because you never know when you may need that extra help for yourself.
- Start a card collection. Giving your card out gives them the power to follow up. Take control and get their card as well. When you are done with the event, write on the back about the conversation you had and how you may follow up.
- Don’t just talk, listen! Many people find it hard to start a conversation or use an elevator pitch to chime in or start the conversation. Find a commonality with the person and there will be a greater connection, this happens by listening. Bonds are grown by commonalities, not talking about how great you are.
- Step outside your comfort zone. Talk to people you wouldn’t normally interact with. Those with diverse networks have a higher chance of creating a stronger network.
Now that we have share our tips, be sure to have a great conference and meet some new people!
To learn more about Choice Marketing Concepts and our culture, view us on Facebook.